- Anderson & Roe will perform the winning composition in a fully produced music video in their signature style.
- Anderson & Roe will produce, direct, edit, and finance the music video, with a budget estimated at $10,000.
- Anderson & Roe will share the competed music video with their fans on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and andersonroe.com within a year of announcing the winner.
- The winning composition will be personally selected by Anderson & Roe and announced in October 2018.
- The winning composer will have the opportunity to contribute ideas to Anderson & Roe regarding the vision of the music video.
- The performance time must not exceed five minutes.
- The composition may be in any style.
- The composition may be for two pianos or one piano, four hands.
- Original works are preferred, though arrangements that deviate dramatically from public domain source material will be considered.
- The competition is limited to compositions that have not been performed earlier, published in any form, or awarded in any competition.
- Compositions using extended techniques (i.e. introducing foreign objects into the workings of the piano to change the sound quality, strumming or plucking of strings) are permitted.
Rules for submission
The submission period will remain open until September 1, 2018. There is a $20 fee to apply.
- Submissions should be sent as a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the composition title and the composer's name in the subject line.
- All entries must include a .pdf copy of the score as an email attachment.
- The .pdf score should be labeled with the title of the work, the composer's name, and the date of composition.
- Scores of multi-movement pieces should be submitted together as one joint PDF file.
- The body of the email should include:
- The composition title, the composer’s name, and the composer’s age.
- The point from Anderson & Roe’s Listening Manifesto (http://www.andersonroe.com/listening-manifesto) that most resonates with the composer.
- Optional: a short written description of the work. (International applicants: please translate all text to English.)
- Optional: an .mp3 recording of the work (live or MIDI).
- Note: please do not send any additional materials such as photos or bios.
- The $20 application fee should be paid via PayPal to email@example.com.
- Each entrant may submit up to two compositions for consideration. Please send each composition as a separate entry with a separate application fee.
- No third-party submission sites such as Dropbox or WeTransfer will be accepted.
- Application materials must be submitted electronically; no postal mail submissions will be accepted.
- Submissions that do not strictly follow the guidelines, or are submitted after the submission period will be disqualified.
- Receipt of submissions will be acknowledged by return email.
- Depending on the number of submissions, feedback regarding individual submissions may or may not be provided.
- By participating in the competition, a composer declares that the composition can be recorded for purposes of the music video prize. The winning composer will be asked to sign a sync license agreeing to the terms.
Any questions regarding the competition should be directed to competition administrator Jasmine Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.